IOLS Discontinues Back Pack Drive…
Throughout the year, the volunteers at IOLS work tirelessly to help raise awareness and provide education about the effects of child abuse and neglect in our community. Quite often, our programs and outreach efforts help improve the lives of so many in need as well as provide releaf for our community partner organizations who rely on us for much needed aid. We value our standing in the community and look to grow as a vital partner in the years to come. For this reason, we felt it was important to let you know our annual Back Pack Drive will no longer be continued. The Board of Directors felt that we needed to refocus on our mision and align our resources to better provide counseling and education programs for abused and neglected children, teens and adults and by providing community information to help strengthen our families.
August 26, 2011
- We beat our target! IOLS donated 100’s of items to McCutcheon to help their kids; McCutcheon is a feeder school for 4 homeless shelters. IOLS also donated well over a 100 books for the teachers to create libraries in their class rooms!
- IOLS partnered with St Vincent dePaul in Cary to donate 17 backpacks full of supplies to needy families in their care.
- IOLS partnered with their charity, Give Kids a Chance, to provide backpacks to needy children in Chicago.
Backpack Drive Supporters:
Kyuki-Do Martial Arts of Huntley
Pintsize Productions Inc.
Costco – Lake in the Hills
Walmart – Huntley Rt 47
Walmart – Woodstock
Employees of Bank of America
Brownie Troop #285
The Faulkner Family
Employees of Mercer
The Emery-Obispo Family
The Profita Family
The Beaudion Family
C&C Event Planning & Mgt., Inc.
August 17, 2010 – Back to School Back Pack Drive
Thank you to all of our partners and donors that helped make this year’s Back to School Back Pack Drive a huge success!!!
- Royal Kids Family Kids Camp received 27 filled backpacks and lunchboxes
- Shelter’s Inc., received 50 filled backpacks!
Next year it is our goal to provide over 200 filled backpacks to children and youth in the foster care system!