Our 2013 Toy Drive is now underway!
IOLS provides toys to foster care children in December. Our goal is to provide a gift for every child in foster care within McHenry, DuPage, Kaine, Cook and various other Counties. This is a free service of the IOLS. For more information or to donate, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2013 Toy Drive includes support from great partner organizations such as the Linus Project of McHenry County, DCFS in McHenry County, St Vincent de Paul Society in Cary, SOS Village and many, many more!
As in past years, we will also reach out to community projects such as McHenry County PADS to lend a hand to provide clothing, backpacks and needed supplies for our homeless persons and their children.
Would you like to lend a helping hand?
Your Support Makes a Difference
Your support helped make our 2012 efforts a success. Help us in 2013 make even more possible!
Help us make 2013 even brighter! Please consider supporting The IOLS Annual Toy Drive through one of the following ways:
- Donation of toys- New, unwrapped toys for kids of all ages.
- Gift Cards – older children prefer to purchase their own gifts from Wal-Mart, Borders, Target, Best Buy, Kohl’s and more.
- Financial support – to help defray the costs of items that are not donated.
- Find a tree location with the names of children and their wish lists on the list below. Purchase the items on thier list and return them to the tree location place of business.
Please donate online DONATE or by checks made out to It’s Our Little Secret and in the memo note please write: Toy Drive and mail to It’s Our Little Secret, 12201 Sinnett Street, Huntley, Illinois 60142.
For more info about sponsorships and how you can help email email@example.com
2013 IOLS Donation Tree Locations:
- Castle Bank 4049 W. Algonquin Rd, Algonquin
Kaya Martial Arts 2797 W. Algonquin Road, Algonquin
Melt Pilates Studio 123 S. Main Street, Algonquin
Lifetime Fitness 900 E. Higgins Road, Schaumburg
Lake in the Hills:
Galloways Subs 1295 N. Randall Road, Lake in the Hills
Chicago Institute of Health and Wellness 1750 N. Randall Road Ste #250, Elgin
To request support for the 2013 holiday season, please complete the Toy Drive Request form: Toy Drive Request Form.
Thank you to all of our 2013 sponsors!
Chris Karns & Family
Project Linus – McHenry County
PetVet in Huntly
Light of Christ Church
Hussman Elementary “5 Grade Classes”
Steve Plakhim and the Paul Walkers Memorial
Christ Community Church
Ferson Creek Elementary
JC Guitars in St. Charles
Cycling Republic in Algonquin
Lifetime in Schaumburg & Algonquin
Chiro One in Crystal Lake
Algonquin Bank & Trust in Huntley
Platinum Estate Sales
Girl Scouts – Several Troops
Marilyn Mitchell & Family
Hines – International Real Estate Firm
Melt Pilate in Algonquin
Trinity Academy Trust in Lake in the Hills
Chesterbrook Academy in St. Charles
Turnberry Country Club
Suzanna’s Daycare & Supporting Families
Huntley Park District
Judy Merritt & Family
Bridgeview Bank Mortgage Company
Girls Night Out
Blue Plate Catering
Costco in Algonquin
Target in Algonquin
Feedback from Our Partner Organizations
These are the comments we have received from our partner agencies about how this program is touching the lives of so many in need.
On behalf of your “DCFS Family” and the foster families of the Northern Region, I would like to thank you so very much for spearheading the Holiday Party and providing such wonderful gifts to our families.All I can say is “WOW!!!!!!” The party ran smoothly, the children had a great time, and everyone left with lots of goodies – who could ask for more? The families enjoyed the food and desserts and sitting with other families, building new relationships. Everyone boogied to your jammin’ DJ and who doesn’t love a photo with Santa? From beginning to end, your attention to the details showed in an enjoyable time for all. I am hopeful that we can continue in this partnership – I know it means as much to you as it does to us. I give you heartfelt thanks for your generosity and loving spirit. –Kristina M. Engel, MSW, Advanced Family Development Specialist
IOLS donated almost 90% of the toys we were able to provide to the children in our care. Their efforts had a huge impact on the 2010 holiday. In fact, it was because of the donation we received from IOLS that we were able to provide every child with a gift.–Blake Ivers, Child Welfare Specialist DCFS
Our Vincentian members were amazed when they picked up the gifts provided by IOLS and delivered them to the families, who would have had a much different Christmas had it not been for all of you at IOLS. Some of the Moms and Dads cried, so overwhelmed were they with happiness...–William S. Bojan, President SSPP Conference, St Vincent de Paul Society
Thank you for the wonderful donation of Christmas toys. With your contribution, we were able to provide gifts for 78 low income children. The parents were most appreciative and happy to have gifts on Christmas morning. In most cases, they wouldn't have had anything for their children.–Laurie Larsen & Cathy Vendemia, 2011 Christmas Committee, Catholic Charities
St Vincent de Paul Society, Cary, IL
2012 Toy Drive Sponsors *to name a few
- Bridgeview Bank Mortgage Company, LLC (Lombard, IL)
- Dr. Summerkamps (Crystal Lake, IL)
- Turnberry Country Club
- Susana’s Daycare
- Culvers (Huntley, IL)
2011 Toy Drive Results
Our 2011 efforts achieved donations of toys to 6 agencies in which 509 children received items; 200 more than last year:
- over 719 toys
- 206 blankets (donated by Project Linus – McHenry County)
- 56 adults in PADs received food, hygiene items and clothing (in all, over 620 items)
- McCutcheon Elementary School received scarves, gloves and hats for 218 children and also much-needed books for classroom libraries and that is just the beginning!
One very special little girl received a special needs car seat that her Foster Parent had been trying to get for over two years. This mom had tried getting assistance with a donation for this special seat required for disabled children that normally costs $1500.00. We were pleased to find one suitable at a discounted rate and secured donations from the Illinois DME (http://www.infinitecdme.org/) and Mateo’s Kids (www.mateoskids.com).
2011 Toy Drive Sponsors *to name a few
- Dr Paul A. Pallister, DDS (Cary, IL)
- The Running Depot (Crystal Lake, IL)
- Bridgeview Bank Mortgage Company, LLC (Lombard, IL)
- Snap-On (Crystal Lake)
- Girl Scouts (Huntly)
- Immanuel Lutheran Church (East Dundee, IL)
- HD Hudson Manufacturing Company (Chicago, IL)
- Wells Fargo (Huntley, IL)
- Culvers (Huntley, IL)
2010 Toy Drive Results
Our 2010 efforts achieved donations of toys to 6 agencies. In all, we reached:
- 303 children (up through age 18!) received over 612 toys
- Donated 126 blankets (donated by Project Linus – McHenry County)
- 51 adults received much needed food and clothing
- One very special little boy received a bed (donated by American Mattress in Crystal Lake), new bedding, journey packs for him and his teen brother, Christmas decorations (made and donated by the families of the Crystal Lake Force) and much needed food and that is just the beginning!
- Each child received at minimal 2 toys from their Christmas wishlist and in most cases they received 3 toys each and 1 blanket.
- Some of the toys that were given: 26″ Bikes, Skateboards, Necklace Sets, Scooters, Thomas Train Sets, Barbie Sets, MP3 Players, Digital Cameras, Wii Games and 100′s of other toys.
2010 Toy Drive Sponsors *to name a few
- Bo Jackson’s Give Me a Chance Foundation
- Total Living Network
- Wells Fargo – 8 Locations
- The Learning Tree – Huntley
- Brownie Troop #285
- C&C Event Planning & Mgt., Inc.
- Mattel Toys & Borders
- Disney Store
- Mr. & Mrs. James Jacobs
- Pam Fender
- Mercedes Santana
- Yvonne Vermillion
- Mr. & Mrs. Alfredo Chan
- Mr. & Mrs. Chris Carlson
- Mr. & Mrs. Kenneth Clow
- Merlin Entertainment Group
- Legoland Discovery Center
- Immauel Lutheran School – PTA
- Immanuel Lutheran Church
- Maria Santana & Family